Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Books, Books, and More Books

I have recently begun to ponder my literary journey up to this point in my life. How many books have I read? Can I remember them all? Last night, as I was asking myself these very same questions, I began taking inventory of my high school English exploits. Though I am sure I have forgotten many of the books I read, as it would be hard to remember each and every one, I am posting a list herein of my literary history to the best of my knowledge. This will be a year-by-year uptake on my high school and college journey through the Land of Eternal Prose. (LOL.)

Freshman Year

1.) Driver's Ed by Caroline B. Cooney
2.) She Said Yes by Misty Bernall
3.) Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
4.) The Odyssey by Homer
5.) Animal Farm by George Orwell


Sophomore Year

6.) Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
7.) Of Mice and Men by John Steinback
8.) The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
9.) When Rabbit Howls by The Troops for Truddi Chase
10.) Night by Elie Weisel
11.) Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
12.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
13.) Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
14.) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


Junior Year


15.) Marley & Me by John Grogan
16.) The Crucible by Arthur Miller
17.) Marilyn: Norma Jeane's Dream by Catherine E. Krohn
18.) The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger
19.) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee
20.) Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
21.) Monster by Walter Dean Myers
22.) Burning Up by Caroline B. Cooney
23.) Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
24.) Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball


Senior Year

25.) A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
26.) 'Tis Herself by Maureen O'Hara
27.) Crank by Ellen Hopkins
28.) Glass by Ellen Hopkins
29.) Burned by Ellen Hopkiins
30.) Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
31.) Identical by Ellen Hopkins
32.) Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman
33.) The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
34.) The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
35.) Hamlet by William Shakespeare
36.) Dante's Inferno by Dante Alighieri
37.) Lush by Natasha Friend
38.) Perfect by Natasha Friend
39.) My Story by Marilyn Monroe
40.) Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson



Since Graduation

41.) Bette Davis: More Than a Woman by James Spada
42.) Conversations with Joan Crawford by Roy Newquist
43.) No Bed of Roses by Joan Fontaine
44.) Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin
45.) Sisters: The Story of Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine by Charles Higham
46.) Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher


This has been a guess. I know I am missing a great deal of the books that I read. But at the moment I cannot recall them. I'm sure that over time I will edit this as those books come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment